Welcome to the First of a new continuing series of posts called Wednesday Weigh Day. These posts will be a tracker for my progress through weight loss, hopefully, and a way to share my journey, and some of my recipes.
Weight at Start: 131.7kg
Weight Today: 126.2kg
Weight Loss this Week: 5.5kg
Total Weight Loss: 5.5kg
Amount till Goal Weight: 31.2kg
My front and side will obviously have changed very little in a week. You’ll also notice the dip in the right shoulder. Thats the result of four reconstructive style surgeries to increase mobility and use following a fall during my service. At last check up, I have lost 33% capacity compared to a normal fit person my age.
By Far the best Recipe this week was the Mexican Pulled Beef with Crisp Salad. We had it as a family on Monday night and it was to die for, then we had our close friends, read extended family, come over Tuesday and we had it again and there wasn’t a scrap on a plate anywhere.
Mexican Pulled Beef with Crisp Salad
Kilojoules per Serve 1857
Prep time 15 minutes
Cook time 8 hours
900g Skirt Steak
2 Red Onions
300g Mixed Salad Leaves
2 Cans of your favourite beans, Drained and Rinsed e.g. Black, Kidney, Pinto.
1tbs Ground Cumin
½tbs Smoked Paprika
½tbs Ground Coriander
1tsp Onion Powder
1tsp Garlic Powder
1tsp Chilli Powder (More if you like it hotter)
- Combine all the spices in a small bowl. Pat dry the Skirt Steak with paper towel. Apply the spices to the entire surface of the Skirt Steak.
- Place the coated Skirt Steak in a slow cooker on low.
- Squeeze the juice of 2 of the Limes into the slow cooker.
- After 4 hours, turn the Skirt Steak over and add the two cans of Beans.
- Dice the vegetables and combine a bowl, except the Avocado. Squeeze the juice of the remaining Lime over the salad.
- Slice the Avocado for serving.
- Serve on a plate as shown above, dress salad with Sour Cream