Welcome to the Third of a new continuing series of posts called Wednesday Weigh Day. These posts will be a tracker for my progress through weight loss, hopefully, and a way to share my journey, and some of my recipes. With a current Daily Kilojoule goal of 6000Kj.
Weight at Start: 131.7kg
Weight Today: 123.6kg
Weight Loss this Week: 1.3kg
Total Weight Loss: 8.1kg
Amount till Goal Weight: 28.6kg
My front and side will obviously have changed very little in a week. If you want to see the biggest change I encourage you to look at Week 1, then look back at these pictures.
This week there standout meal, based on comments on Facebook, and personal feedback was the Chicken Bolognese with Zucchini Spaghetti.
Chicken Bolognese with Zucchini Spaghetti
Kilojoules per Serve 1142
Prep time 25 minutes
Cook time 60 Minutes
500g Chicken Mince, the leaner the better
400g Tin Tomatos
120g Tin Tomato Paste
1Tbs Worcestershire Sauce
2Tbs Italian Herbs
6 Cloves Garlic, can add less or more to taste
2Tsp Olive Oil
***Optional*** 2Tsp Chilli Flakes
2 Medium Capsicums Diced, about 300g total
1 Medium Brown Onion Diced, about 100g
4 Medium Zucchinis Spiralised, Spaghettified, Noodlefied, you end up using one for each person
- Place the Zucchini in a fine sieve, add salt and pepper to taste, and allow to drain until serve.
- In a medium pot, on a medium high heat, add the Olive Oil. Once Heated add Chicken Mince.
- Brown Chicken Mince, then add Garlic, Onion and Capsicum and cook still soft.
- Add Tomato Paste, and stir through for 2 minutes. Add the Tinned Tomatoes, Herbs, Worcestershire Sauce, and Chilli if using. I find adding a tin full or two of water helpful at this point if you are going to simmer for longer then about 30 minutes.
- Turn stove down to Medium-Low, just enough to maintain a simmer. Cook for at least 30 minutes, longer if you desire, until a thick sauce consistency is reached.
- Add the drained Zucchini to a bowl, ladle the sauce on top, if you have some spare Kilojoules for the day you could add some grated parmesan at this point.
Maintain the Rage