Welcome to the Fifth of a continuing series of posts called Wednesday Weigh Day. These posts will be a tracker for my progress through weight loss, hopefully, and a way to share my journey, and some of my recipes. With a current Daily Kilojoule goal of 5000Kj, to better tie in with my wife, who is also on the weight loss journey. I have been on the 5000Kj goal for 3 days of this week, the first half of the week I was still at 6000Kj per day.
Weight at Start: 131.7kg
Goal Weight: 95kg
Weight Today: 120.7kg
Weight Loss this Week: 1.3kg
Total Weight Loss: 11.0kg
Amount till Goal Weight: 25.7kg
My front and side will obviously have changed very little in a week, though there are changes. If you want to see the biggest change I encourage you to look at Week 1, then look back at these pictures.
This week there standout meal, based on comments on Facebook, and personal feedback, was the Chicken Fried “Rice”.
Chicken Fried “Rice”
Chicken Fried “Rice”
Kilojoules per Serve 1479
Prep time 10 minutes
Cook time 20 Minutes
500g Chicken Thighs, Dices
1kg Cauliflower Rice, made or store bought
250g Frozen Peas
250g Ham, diced
2 Tbs Soy Sauce
1 Tbs Mirin
1 Tbs Sriracha Hot Sauce
½ Tbs Garlic Powder
½ Tbs Onion Powder
½ Tbs Ginger Powder
1 Tbs Sesame Oil
250g Corn, for 244Kj per serve
250g Prawns, 232Kj per serve
250g Snow Peas, for 99Kj per serve
250g Capsicum, for 75Kj per Serve
10 Spring Onion, for 49Kj per serve
- Add oil to pan, turn the pan to the hottest setting your stovetop allows.
- Cover the Chicken in the Garlic, Ginger, and Onion powders.
- Once Heated, add the covered Chicken to the pan, cook till golden.
- Add the Ham and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add all vegetables and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the Cauliflower Rice and Sauces, fry for 5 minutes, until there is moisture in the bottom of the pan.
- Serve with Shallots, if using, or Fried Onion.
If you see a post on Facebook that involves a meal that hasn’t been covered here at Maintain the Rage, please message me, or comment below and I may be able to write a special post with the recipe.
Maintain the Rage