Welcome to the Sixth of a continuing series of posts called Wednesday Weigh Day. These posts will be a tracker for my progress through weight loss, hopefully, and a way to share my journey, and some of my recipes. With a current Daily Kilojoule goal of 5000Kj, to better tie in with my wife, who is also on the weight loss journey. I have been on the 5000Kj goal for a little over a week now and have settled into the reduced intake reasonably well.
Weight at Start: 131.7kg
Goal Weight: 95kg
Weight Today: 119.1kg
Weight Loss this Week: 1.6kg
Total Weight Loss: 12.6kg
Amount till Goal Weight: 24.1kg
My front and side will obviously have changed very little in a week, though there are changes. If you want to see the biggest change I encourage you to look at Week 1, then look back at these pictures. Having said that, I have noticed that on most pair of pants I have reclaimed yet another belt loop.
This week the standout meal, based on comments on Facebook, and personal feedback, was the Mexican Chilli Bowls.
Mexican Chilli Bowls
Kilojoules per Serve 1264
Prep time 10 minutes
Cook time 30 Minutes
500g Beef Mince
1 Brown Onion
1 Red Onion
100g Corn Kernals
2 Large Tomatos
500g Lettuce or Leafy Greens
2 Tbs Ground Cumin
1 Tbs Smoked Paprika
1 Tsp Chilli Powder, or more to taste
2 Tsp Onion Powder
2 Tsp Garlic Powder
1 Bunch Corriander
½ Cup of Water
1 Cup Cannellini Beans for 256Kj per Serve
Dollop of Light Sour Cream for 235Kj per Serve
- Warm a large frying pan on a medium high heat.
- Add Brown Onion and fry until transparent.
- Add Beef and stir until brown.
- In the mean time add leafy greens to a bowl and mix together the Corn, Red Onion, Coriander, and Tomato. Place on top of leafy greens.
- Once the Beef is browned add the remaining Spices stirring for about a minute, add the Water to dissolve the spices.
- Once water has evaporated and you are left with just a small amount surrounding the beef serve on the Leafy Greens.
If you see a post on Facebook that involves a meal that hasn’t been covered here at Maintain the Rage, please message me, or comment below and I may be able to write a special post with the recipe.
Maintain the Rage