Welcome to the Ninth of a continuing series of posts called Wednesday Weigh Day. These posts will be a tracker for my progress through weight loss, hopefully, and a way to share my journey, and some of my recipes. With a current Daily Kilojoule goal of 5000Kj, to better tie in with my wife who is also on the weight loss journey, and to expedite the weight loss so I can wok out my neutral caloric intake. I have been on the 5000Kj goal for just shy of a month now and have settled into the reduced intake reasonably well.
Weight at Start: 131.7kg
Goal Weight: 95kg
Weight Today: 117.6kg
Weight Loss this Week: 0.0kg
Total Weight Loss: 14.1kg
Amount till Goal Weight: 22.6kg
My front and side will obviously have changed very little in a week, though there are changes. If you want to see the biggest change I encourage you to look at Week 1, then look back at these pictures. Having said that, I have noticed that on most pair of pants I have reclaimed yet another belt loop.
This week I thought I would share my Corned Beef (Silverside) recipe. I know that many families around Australia have their own secret concoction that makes their Corned Beef there’s, so this one is mine.
Prep time 5 minutes
Cook time 4-5 Hours
1.5 – 2kg Corned Beef
3 Tbs Molasses
2 Tbs Whole Peppercorns
1 Tbs Cloves
1 Cup Malt Vinegar
Boiling Water to Cover
- Rinse any excess brining solution off the Corned Beef, and pat dry.
- Add Molasses, Peppercorns, Cloves, and Malt Vinegar to the slow cooker
- Add Corned Beef.
- Add Boiling Water to cover the Corned Beef, or until it starts to float.
- Cook on Low for 4-5 hours.
- Divide and Serve with roasted vegetables, and a Light White Sauce.
Light White Sauce
Kilojoules per Serve 458
Prep time 5 minutes
Cook time 15 minutes
400ml Light Milk
1 Tsp Dijon Mustard
- Bring a nonstick pan up to a medium heat.
- Add butter and melt.
- When small bubbles being to appear add Flour.
- Stir constantly a cook off the Flour for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the Milk and Dijon, and continue to stir.
- Stir until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
If you see a post on Facebook that involves a meal that hasn’t been covered here at Maintain the Rage, please message me, or comment below and I may be able to write a special post with the recipe.
Maintain the Rage